Thursday, April 22, 2010

{ Meg in the Doghouse. }

Or, I guess you could say, Meg in the jailhouse. I believe that is appropriate enough.

Last night {at work} my BlackBerry was ringing off the hook. After a couple of times of snubbing my husband's phone calls, I finally answered, "Yes Dear?" Right when I answered I knew something was wrong. You see my husband is a very happy-go-lucky type of guy on the phone. When I answered, Cal was quiet {again, not like him} and the resonance in his voice was nervous. In a calm manner he proceeded to tell me what had happened to Meggie. Cal had every reason to be nervous because I can be such a spazz.

What our fearless pup-child did was running around like a wild-carefree animal, trying to antagonize her over 100lb.uncle {Cal's parents' lab}. While basically acting like an ravaging animal, she ran under Cal's parents' deck, where there happens to be a sailboat lying on its side. Meg ran right along the sailboat and snagged herself on a hook. Cal and my father-in-law heard her yelp and rushed down from the deck to check on her. When they got to her they noticed she was missing a chuck of skin on her left side. The bleeding would not stop and Cal took her to our closet Banfield pet hospital.


After 2 1/2 hours and over $400 dollars later, the Vet stitched up our crazy-little girl.

Let me remind you not too along go, Meg was bit by a non-socialized lab in the neighborhood. It was 7 at night and the only Banfield that was open was the one St. Paul. Keep in mind, this is close to an hour away from us. Again, another 2 hours and over $200 later, our puppy's hole in her cheek was all patched up.

So, in a month and a half our vet bills have totaled over $600. Luckily we have the pet wellness plan {basically, pet insurance} through Banfield.

For the time being this wild child will be in the doghouse for a while, well at least until she heals.



Meg in jail.


Fortunately, she's OK to go to her obedience class tonight! Meggie is in her 2nd week of training and it's goin' great!



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey and Rebecca said...

Welcome to the club! We have the puppy wellness too, but that didn't stop Aspen from costing us A LOT of money!!

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home