Thursday, March 18, 2010

{ Getting Started!! }

I hope everyone had a wonderful week by adjusting to day lights savings. My internal clock kicked in and didn't want to lose my extra hour of sleep. To me, that's a lot to take away. My husband still laughs at me when there's 2 minutes before I have to get up and I will take advantage of every second of those 2 minutes.

Last Sunday, {heaven forbid my lack of sleep}; my Dad and Suzanne came over to help me paint our guest bedroom down stairs. {Same color as our master bedroom.} It was fun to learn how to paint the 'right way'. Some talent my Father neglected to pass genetically to me, along with his patience. I swear the man can do it all.

After painting, I was explaining my decorating ideas to my Dad and my thoughts of hiring help to paint the majority what's left of the house. Why not paint it myself? I have high vaulted ceilings and I'm a poor painter. I might be a fantastic cook; however, I am woman enough to admit when I suck incredibly at something.

Getting to the main point, my Dad offered that he would paint for me! I would pay for his time {a fraction of what a profesional painter would charge}and labor. What a deal!

I'm still looking for colors, fortunately, I have found some favorites. In the time being, I do have some colors I would like to do for a certain spot in the house. I have selected colors from {Pottery Barn.} 


I LOVE all the color palettes in this fan deck!

While looking at different colors and such, I began looking at the {Pottery Barn Catalog}and found some chic chandeliers.

Amanda's Note of Honesty: {I'll probably end up purchasing them, I do love them that much!}

Camilla 6-Arm Chandelier.
Perfect for our dining area.

And yes, I did say chandeliers...meaning...yes, buying 2 chandeliers.



Wine Bottle Chandelier.
I know, I know, pretty dang sweet.
Cal and I are planning putting a bar area in our basement.
This under a mahogany card table, cocktails and good friends, can't get any better than that.
Not to mention I love wine!

Let me know what you think!





Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home