Monday, March 8, 2010

{ With Love, Meggie Mayhem. }

So, this past month has been pretty crazy for us Smiths. LITERALLY! Cal was promoted, his highest position thus far. I am so proud of him and so incredibly grateful for the things he does to support our family. Myself, after two long years trying to make headway into a desired career path with a certain company, finally, I was able to interview and was offered THE JOB! That's right, makin' big girl money now! It applies to the degree I'll be graduating with and learning those crucial - new skill sets before completing college. A few months before 2009 was towards its end, I prayed to God everyday to help follow the right path and find the job that I have always wanted. I cherish how fortunate I am and will not take anything for granted.

Lastly but not least, Meggie Mae. Yes, Meggie has progressed into a fine healthy young dog. However, we believe her behavior has gotten the worst of her. My Mom calls it "She's in her terrible twos!" Yeah -- terrible twos my ass. It's like this oh-so sweet puppy has the devil in her. Meggie right now is 8 months and I cannot wait for this devilish chewing, biting, jumping and acting obnoxious stage ends in a few months. Unfortunately, that's me dreaming. Yes, of course it's nice she's not pissing and pooping all over the place but c'mon {!!!} the poor manners has gots to go. We still do the daily trainings and dominance trainings with her. Nevertheless, I think we need some help. After Meggie's embarrassing behavior at her photo shoot, which I won't get into details because that's a page or two long just to explain; I've been pricing out dog trainers for private lessons and boarding schools. And, I hope whomever we pick will indeed help us with Meggie's challenging behavior.

For some of my previous posts explaining Meggie being out of her crate alone for a few hours is out of the question now. This past month her 'Terrible Twos' avenged out on us, she's an 8 month old puppy who gets bored very easily.

This is what happens to naive and not so smart pup-parents:

 

This is our foyer. 
I don't know how she managed to do it but I'm sure after hearing me say a million times that I hate these ugly floors, she probably thought she was doing me a huge favor. 
Be careful what you wish for.


She also chewed up our foyer rug.
I was too embarrassed to take a photo of it, although here's the new one. 
Do you like?

 
  

My jewelry armoire. 
She did this while we were sleeping. 
Luckily, it was practically free -- I won it at work. 
Yet, still not good.

Here's the recent photo of this now kenneled at-all-times princess:

  

Good thing she's cute and nothing she destroyed was from Pottery Barn. 

Goodnight. 

 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Danielle said...

i feel you pain. milly, also has the devil in her. she's an angel one minute, and a devil the next.

let me know if you find any helpful tips.

it's like she learns something... then gets sick of it and starts misbehaving.

Friday, March 12, 2010 4:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home