Wednesday, October 14, 2009

{ The Bliss of Fall. }



Fall is finally here! Majority of all of you know it's my [up most] favorite time of year. The coloring of the trees, leaves scattered in yards, apple orchards -- homemade apple crisp, turtlenecks with funky scarves and not to mention J.Crew's fall line of suede ballet flats. I couldn't be any happier!

This is my first fall away from my parents. I love the freedom and sharing a home with my new husband but,  I do miss waking up on the weekends finding my Mom in the kitchen making a hearty breakfast while cleaning up the house as I struggled to get ready for work. Or one of my favorite regular memories, Sunday afternoons as my Mom makes a mouth-watering roast, my brother Marty upstairs taking apart 'god-knows-what' and myself, doing homework in the living room while looking out the front windows watching autumn push oranges, reds and yellows back and forth throughout our street. I miss my old view and thankfully, I am starting to get use to our new canvas. Our home is not complete and that might be a part of the dilemma. Cal and I are always doing home improvements, adding our own delicate touches and soon we will be able to paint! I still need to meet with an interior designer to help us gather ideas how to paint our combined kitchen-living space. And yes, I know most of you older folks are thinking -- 'Geez! Those dang hardships of homeowners in their twenties!’

Unfortunately, this fall season has been rainy and snowy, however, still delightfully wonderful to me.This upcoming Sunday morning we are going to an apple orchard and enjoying what's left our recently so called 'fall' this year.

Here are some photos of my outside fall decorating and please forgive the snow!



Our scarecrow lady in our entryway.



Decorations from Bachman's minus the scarecrows. Thanks Aunt Nancy and Uncle Don!


Our other scarecrow. Cannot wait to carve pumpkins soon!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey and Rebecca said...

I love fall as well, something I never got to experience in Florida!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home